Success Story: Linux / Android Fast Boot
A Japanese Tier 1 infotainment supplier was using a commercial quick boot solution in their entry-level infotainment system, but failed to meet Toyota startup timing requirements.
- Replaced the commercial quickboot with open source Linux hibernation module.
- Optimized Linux startup performance based on Cogent know-how.
- Supported Tier 1 in convincing Toyota that further boot time reduction was technically not feasible.
- All critical resources start in less than 2 sec
- Toyota approved and launched system
- Project completed within estimate of $300k
- Tier 1 is saving approximately $1m per year in license fees