Automotive and Transportation
In depth automotive/IVI industry and technology expertise. Close working relationships with semiconductor suppliers, automotive sub-system suppliers and OEMs, especially members of the GENIVI Alliance.
- Automotive / IVI reference designs for key SoCs
- Initial hardware bring-up
- System integration, including using virtualization to host multiple OSes / applications
- Domain-specific device drivers and middleware (e.g., CAN and MOST buses)
- Migration from legacy distribution RTOS platforms to Linux, Android and other open source, e.g., for unified head units
- Displays, input methods and visualizations for digital vehicle dashboards and control systems
- Virtualization for isolating consumer experience and secure and high-reliability applications (e.g., entertainment vs. safety-critical subsystems)
- Boot-time optimization, real-time response and other performance tuning for latency-sensitive applications
- Standards compliance and interoperability with GENIVI, AutoSAR, etc.
- Software validation and quality assurance to meet industry certification requirements
- Long-term support for automotive software stacks and complete systems
Cogent Embedded also has extensive experience in delivering in-flight entertainment and certified avionics systems and applications