About Cogent Embedded
The Cogent Embedded Difference – Rapid Solutions to Customer Challenges
- Unmatched Tech Background
- Cogent technical and management team members each bring 10-15+ years experience in embedded, real-time and open source S/W
- Deep Silicon Expertise
- And close relationships with semiconductor suppliers
- Open Source Leadership
- Through contribution to and participation in key projects and consortia, including maintainer and leadership roles
- Hands-on Experience
- With ODMs/OEMs in multiple industries across the full product life-cycle
- Cogent First Response
- Available on-site emergency support and engineering services, nights and weekends, 24×7
Founded in early 2012 by embedded open source industry experts, Cogent Embedded helps semiconductor vendors and device manufacturers create next-generation intelligent devices and revolutionary user experiences.
The Cogent Embedded team brings deep, cross-industry experience to every engagement, with tenures at leading embedded software vendors, including MontaVista, Wind River, and Embedded Alley.
Headquartered in the Silicon Valley, Cogent Embedded has development centers in Saint Petersburg, Russia and Espoo, Finland, with expanding local sales, support and engineering presence across North America, Europe and Asia.
Cogent Embedded Strategic Partners
Tensilica, Inc – the leader in data plane processor IP, combines capabilities of DSPs and CPUs to deliver 10 to 100x the performance. Tensilica powers designs at OEMs and seven out of the top 10 semiconductor companies in mobile wireless, telecom and network infrastructure, computing and storage, and home and automotive
Cogent Embedded helps Tensilica customers by
- Providing commercial support for Tensilica Xtensa customizable processor family for Linux and Android
- Maintaining the Linux kernel Xtensa architecture tree
- Enabling HiF2 audio DSP (CODEC/effects offload) for Android
Retargeting QEMU simulation for Xtensa processor family
Texas Instruments – semiconductor innovations that help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun
Cogent Embedded partners to provide TI customers with
- Commercial support for TI DaVinci and Sitara™ ARM processors for Linux and Android
Key open source contributions to the Linux kernel and to u-boot project to support TI silicon
Tensilica is a registered trademark of Tensilica, Inc.
Texas Instruments is a trademark of Texas Instruments